Access to the right documents, when you need them, wherever you need them: on the construction site or in the office. Document management is the foundation of any modern organisation on which all other processes, such as quality management, workflows and BIM, are based.
On this page, we will tell you everything you need to know about managing documents, through videos, articles and case studies. That way, we keep document management simple, so you can get back to getting the job done.
We start with the introduction. It tells you where to start when it comes to managing documents. Already read it, or already up to date? Then navigate directly to what interests you:
where do I start?
Document management is a broad concept. In this introduction, we will explain what managing documents entails, why it is important to manage documents and what a document management system is.
1. What is document management? (Blog, 2022)
2. Why is managing documents important? (Blog, 2022)
3. What is a Document Management System? (Blog, 2022)
Document management: how to apply it?
What managing documents entails is clear. It is time for the next step: getting started. In the ‘Application’ category you will find articles that will help you implement and improve the management of documents in your organisation.
1. Improve cooperation throughout the construction organisation with the right software (Blog, 2022)
how do others do it?
When you start managing documents yourself, it’s nice to see how someone else does it. How does it work? How do fellow builders notice differences when using a document management system? Read about it in the case studies below.
1. The version number adds up, so you can be sure you always have the latest version (Case study, 2022)
2. How Heylen Warehouses ensures flawless projects with a DMS (Case study, 2022)
Do you want to know more about managing documents? Or are you curious to read what else we have published on this topic? Below you will find all additional blogs that have been written on the subject.